Most professionals within the SEO world think that content is too professional and really dull. Yes, certain content has to fall under this category, for example, user guides. But for the vast majority of content, that’s not enough to be considered high-quality content.
Here are five steps to creating high-quality engaging content that will have your audience hooked.
Step 1 – When you think you’ve added enough value, add more.
Readers want to get something from reading your content, so it’s your responsibility to make sure that they are going to enjoy reading it and want to move on in your customer journey.
Here are some tips on how to add value to your content-
Always add benefits into your content for example:
- Show how your product or service is easy to use
- Show that you are cheaper than your competitors
- Show how your product or service is of better quality than competitors
Always add details
Readers want you to back up your statements about how your product or service will benefit them, you can do this by adding basic details that answer basic questions such as:
- How much?
- How many?
- What kind?
- How does it work?
- Why is it better?
- Why should I buy it?
Add some fun or entertainment
No one wants a snoozefest, adding some fun content can engage your audience and encourage them to read on. Here are some quick ways in which you can do this:
- Add memes
- Get on board with trending content
- Make pop culture references
Step 2 – Research the Web Deeper
The more you know about the topic you write your content on, the higher quality the content will be.
An easy win is that researching your topic more than your competitors will allow you to appear more experienced and professional within the industry.
So what’s the best way for you to search the web to better your content?
- Start with the whole SERP, analyse this from top to bottom including the ‘People Also Ask’ section.
- Facebook Groups
Step 3 – Create a targeted convincing introduction
Your introduction is your opportunity to convince the reader to invest time into your content.
How to write an effective intro?
- Target your content to the readers level of awareness
- Write your topic for the user behind the search and not for the topic
- Trigger emotions
- Keep it short and sweet
Step 4 – Use short and simple sentences
You want to make sure that your content is easy to read, the best way to do this is through the use of short and simple sentences; this means:
- Short – keep your sentences to the point, get your point across in as few words as possible. If you see a sentence that is starting to run long, break it into two.
- Simple – Make use of simple words and simple grammar, avoid the use of passive voice, distancing, or complex grammatical constructions.
Step 5 – add a few spices to mix things up
If you are giving your readers a long piece of content you should throw in a lot of pattern interruptions at them. You should throw these in every 250 words.
Some of the content spices could be –
- Did you know?
- Jokes in brackets
You should always create your content based on the reader and not the topic itself, you should be aiming to explain the subject well. You should want to satisfy the reader and exceed their expectations.
Get in touch with us at Gekkoshot for all your content needs/inquiries.